This is a sponsored post to share Cocoa Pebbles Ghosts.
When it comes to fun food, nothing beats Halloween. You can make treats as gross in nature, as creepy, and as creative as you want, because it’s all in the name of the day. Just as long as they taste good. And while these Cocoa Pebbles Ghosts Treats aren’t even close to gross in any way, they’re definitely a fun Halloween food that kids would love! No spooks about it.
Last Halloween, I shared how to make Cocoa Pebbles Spiders Treats. Maybe a little bit creepy, but always a huge hit. Be sure to check those out, too, if you’re looking for more fun Halloween treats. Now it’s time to whip up some bigger boos with these white chocolate Cocoa Pebbles Ghosts Treats!
All you need for these Cocoa Pebbles Ghosts is Pebbles Cereal, either Fruity or Cocoa would work. Make your Pebbles treat with marshmallows and butter, then cut out using a ghost cookie cutter.
After that you’ll need white chocolate for coating, a black edible marker, some lollipop sticks, and maybe a little helper or two.
There’s something so comforting about a batch of marshmallow-y treats, it makes me think of home and cooking with mom. Even when they are shaped liked Ghosts and Spiders.
- 1 pkg. (13 oz.) Fruity or Cocoa Pebbles Cereal (about 6 cups)
- 1 pkg. (10.5 oz) bag of miniature marshmallows
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 pkg. white melting chocolate, for coating treats
- 1 black edible ink marker
- 1 pkg. lollipop sticks
- Spray a 9×9 pan lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter over low heat in large saucepan on stove. When butter is melted, stir in one bag of mini marshmallows until melted. Remove from heat and stir in 6 cups of Pebbles cereal. Press evenly into prepared pan. Let cool completely.
- Use a ghost shaped cookie cutter to cut the crispy treats into shapes. Melt the white candy coating over a double boiler, or according to package directions, and stir until the candy is melted. Using a spoon, stir the chocolate until smooth.
- To coat the ghosts, place one ghost onto the center of a large fork. Hold the ghost over the bowl of melted candy coating, and using a small ladle, spoon the melted candy coating evenly over the top of the ghost allowing the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Once the excess chocolate has stopped dripping, transfer the ghost to a sheet of waxed paper and gently slide him off the fork. Alternatively, use a spoon to spread a coating of melted chocolate onto the tops and sides of the cut out Pebbles ghost treats. Allow to cool completely.
- Using the black edible ink marker, draw spooky eyes and mouths on each treat.
- Insert one lollipop stick into the bottom of each ghost treat.
Be sure to check out more fun Halloween recipes and craft ideas at Kid Things!