This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SameSilkySmoothTaste #CollectiveBias
When I think of fall, I think of pumpkins and apples. Pumpkin pie and spice and your modern day fall-flavored lattes. Then there are pumpkin patches and jack-o-lanterns and so many different ways to decorate with pumpkins. But let’s not forget about apples. Any more, the apple gets left behind in favor of pumpkins.
Though in many ways, apples are even better. They’re cozier. An apple tastes more like home. An apple pie is classic. That doesn’t mean it has to be just like how grandma would have made it. Today, we’re putting our own spin on the best of the season with our Dairy Free Apple Pie Bread made using Silk® Almondmilk.
Available at Walmart, Silk® Almondmilk is a delicious dairy-free, lactose-free, non-GMO, and gluten free milk with 50% more calcium than dairy milk. With the power of plant-based nutrition, there’s also absolutely no cholesterol and no saturated fat. Now with the new silky smooth taste you’ll love, Silk® is simply a smart swap for milk in recipes or shakes.
We picked up two half gallons of Silk® on our latest trip to Walmart. Both the Silk® Original Almondmilk as well as the Silk® Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk. Not only would they be a smart choice in our morning bowl of cereal, but I also had plans to use the Silk® Unsweetened Almondmilk in our Apple Pie Bread.
A deliciously easy recipe using fresh apples and applesauce baked in a soft, warm bread, our Apple Pie Bread made using Silk® is a dairy free treat that’s lighter and seasonal.
Along with a yummy cinnamon topping, it’s the best of the tastes of fall without any added extras.
I also love that it’s a quick and simple recipe that I can get mixed together and baking in the oven all during the baby’s nap time. To start, you’ll need to peel and chop one large apple.
The rest of the batter for our dairy-free Apple Pie Bread consists of a combination of brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, applesauce, dairy-free butter, and Silk® Almondmilk.
Mix the ingredients and set in a prepared 9×5 loaf pan. After baking for about 40 minutes in total, you’ll brush with melted non-dairy butter.
About 5 more minutes later and you’ll have a delicious loaf of Apple Pie Bread that’s perfect served by the slice or even with a scoop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream.
So good, even grandma will be proud.
- ⅓ cup brown sugar + ⅓ cup
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 4 tbsp non-dairy butter, softened + 1 tbsp, melted
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup Silk Almondmilk
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Cream white sugar, ⅓ cup brown sugar, and butter until smooth and fluffy. Mix in applesauce, beaten eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir together flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add flour mix to egg and sugar mix. Add Silk Almondmilk and stir together until just combined.
- Combine ⅓ cup brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Peel and chop a large apple.
- Pour half the batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle half the apple and half the cinnamon mixture. Stir the rest of the apple into the remaining batter and pour into the pan. Top with the rest of the cinnamon.
- Bake 40 min before brushing the top with melted non-dairy butter. Bake for about 5 minutes more or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing from pan. Slice and enjoy!
Be sure to look for the reformulated Silk® products with the new silky smooth taste you’ll love at your nearest Walmart! How will you put a spin on your favorite baked fall treats? Be sure to check out more fall recipes at Our Kid Things, as well as the Silk® Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook pages for inspiration!