This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DropShopAndOil #CollectiveBias
As a busy family, it’s important that we have a vehicle that we can rely on. Not only do we need to take care of all the errands that need to be ran on a daily basis, but we have to be ready to go in case of emergencies, too. We also like to take road trips, just to get away for a day and see new sights. Those new sights hopefully don’t involve a tow truck.
With a 3 day weekend upon us, we were getting ready for one such family trip out of town. Knowing our oil was due to be changed, and since I needed to go by Walmart anyway for one of a million things, I dropped our Jeep off at their Automotive Care Center.
Now, our Jeep is old. It’s old with high miles, but it always gets us where we need to be and is a beast in the snow. While all Pennzoil products help clean out sludge lesser oils leave behind, Pennzoil oil specifically for High Mileage Vehicles helps reduce leaks and oil consumption in worn or higher mileage engines. It’s a motor oil that is specifically designed for new or late model vehicles with over 75,000 miles, to help keep the engines running clean and going strong for a long time. And our Jeep definitely has over 75,000 miles.
Pennzoil is designed for complete protection and will allow you to drive an extra 550 miles per year, as compared to a dirty engine. Pennzoil also offers a free warranty that covers 15 engine parts that may fail due to engine wear or which experience abnormal wear due to friction.
While the Automotive Care Center was changing our oil, I went shopping. I made sure to stock up on snack items needed for our road trip, also remembering to pick up some drinks, too. We were going to be on the road for awhile.
I also kept reminding myself to print out a stack of Road Trip Games Activity Sheets once home.
Road trips are fun, once you get to your destination. All that time spent in your car, though, can be a little boring for kids with a lot of, “Are we there yet?”. As such, it’s great to have some games on hand to pass the time. I’ve combined 6 fun car games into one free printable, quick to print out and take with you on your road trip! Download the printable here, then all you need is a pencil and clip board or heavy book to write on.
1. License State Map: In this game, see how many license plates from other states you can find. I’ve included a map on the printable, that way you can put an X through the states you come across.
2. License Plate Lingo: Since we’re already looking at license plates, what words can you find on those plates? Write those here.
3. Ends With, Begins With: The last letter of the beginning word, is the first letter of the next word, and so on.
4. I Spy Colors: A game we all probably know and remember, an easy way for little ones to keep their eyes peeled.
5. Scavenger Hunt: Another way to keep their eyes peeled on the road. Once they see these things either in the car or out their window, cross off.
6. Padiddle: For when you’re driving at night, a padiddle is a car with only one headlight. Check off for every padiddle you see.
If you want to make it a competition, add it all up after your trip and see who’s done and crossed off the most!
If you like to change your own oil, checkout the current promotion from Ibotta (a free mobile savings app). Starting on 1/21/15, save $5 off one 5-quart bottle of Pennzoil Platinum with PurePlus Technology.