Spook up some frightful morning fun on the countdown to Halloween with these baked Monster Eyes Halloween Donuts! They’re sure to wake the kids up to wide eyes, good times, and full bellies.
It’s easier than one may think to make baked donuts. All you need is a box of vanilla cake mix made with 2 eggs, 2/3 cup of water, and 1/3 cup of vegetable oil according to package directions. Combine well.
Then, pour the donut mix into a donut pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top. Pouring into a measuring cup with a spout first makes this process easier.
Once the donuts are in the pan, bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
Finally, we have the really fun part of our Monster Eyes Halloween Donuts. Candy melts and lots of candy eyes!
Melt black and green candy melts separately in the microwave. Dip the top of some of the donuts in black melts and some in the green melts. Place candy eyes in differing sizes randomly all over the top of the Monster Eyes Halloween Donuts before the melts set.
Here’s to a yummy boo morning!
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup of water
- ⅓ cup of vegetable oil
- black candy melts
- green candy melts
- assorted candy eyes
- Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the cake mix box.
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- Pour donut mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the donut mix into te donut pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt black and green candy melts separately in microwave or with this Wilton Melting Pot.
- Dip the top of some donuts in black melts and some in the green melts.
- The melts harden quickly, so place the candy eyes on top of the donuts.
Be sure to check out more of our frightfully fun Halloween recipes and craft ideas at Our Kid Things!