It’s been hectic around here lately, I have to admit. I forgot how little time is left in the day when you’re at the beck and call of a 3 week old. However, it doesn’t take a lot to make a simple meal special, especially when it comes to the holidays that are so open to creativity and fun. For instance, a simple plate of meatballs turns into these Halloween Mummy Meatballs when wrapped with crescent dough!
Then, dunk the Mummy Meatballs in a bowl of marinara for a kid-happy snack or quick meal idea that’s good enough to wake the dead!
For our Mummy Meatballs, you’ll need cooked meatballs, either homemade or take help from the freezer section at your local store. Also, gather a tube of crescent rolls, sliced black olives, edible candy eyeballs, and a jar of your favorite marinara.
First, roll out the crescent dough and pinch the seams together. Cut thin strips out of the dough with a pizza cutter, about ¼ inch wide. Wrap 2 or 3 of the strips around each meatball, making sure to leave some of the meat showing to look like a wrapped mummy. Bake the Mummy Meatballs at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
Once out of the oven, dip 2 olives in a little marinara and place on each meatball. Put a dab of
marinara in the olive hole and place an eyeball on each. Serve with extra marinara.
Good food, good times, and spooky fun all wrapped up in one! It’s everything I love about Halloween!
- 12 Meatballs, cooked
- 1 Jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 Tube Crescent Rolls
- 1 Can Sliced Black Olives
- Edible Eyeballs
- Roll out the crescent rolls and pinch the seams together.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut thin strips, about a ¼ inch wide.
- Wrap 2 or 3 of the strips around each meatball, making sure to leave some of
- the meat showing to look like a wrapped mummy.
- Place them in the oven at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown
- Dip 2 olives in a little marinara and place on each meatball. Put a dab of
- marinara in the olive hole and place an eyeball on each.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
- Enjoy these fun spooky mummies
Be sure to find more fun Halloween recipe and craft ideas at Our Kid Things!