The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Brownberry® Bread so that I could try the product and share my thoughts and information about Brownberry®. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Brownberry® Bread.
I’m a sandwich person. It’s actually a joke around here, me and my sandwiches. And one of my favorite lunchtime sandwiches is a simple tuna salad. Except my tuna salad is just tuna and mayo, sometimes with sliced black olives. When I really want to indulge, though, I make an Open-Faced Tuna Melt with Avocado and Tomato.
This Open-Faced Tuna Melt with Avocado and Tomato sandwich is even better than usual, however, with the introduction of Brownberry® Whole Grains 100% Whole Wheat Bread.
Brownberry® Whole Grains 100% Whole Wheat sliced bread is premium bread with no high fructose corn syrup or artificial colors or flavoring. Every slice contains 23g of whole grains, only 100 calories, and 3g of fiber. So you can feel good about feeding it to your family and including it in your favorite sandwiches like my Open-Faced Tuna Melt.
For the Open-Faced Tuna Melt with Avocado and Tomato, you’ll first need to preheat your oven to 400 degrees and toast your bread just a bit so it’s nice and firm. Then, pile on your tuna salad and black olive mixture, top with slices of ripe avocado and a thick slice of tomato, then finish with 2 slices of Muenster cheese. Put that back in the oven until the cheese is melted and everything is warm and oh so good! There’s no joke here, that’s a great lunch!
- 2 slices Brownberry® Whole Grains 100% Whole Wheat sliced bread
- 2 5oz cans tuna in water, drained
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 2.25oz can sliced black olives
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices Muenster cheese
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400. Lay 2 slices of Brownberry® Whole Grains 100% Whole Wheat sliced bread on a baking sheet and put in oven until just toasted.
- Combine tuna, mayo, and olives in a bowl. Season with salt.
- Slice avocado and tomato.
- Once bread is out of the oven, layer with tuna and olive mixture, then slices of avocado and tomato. Top with 2 slices of Muenster cheese.
- Place back in oven for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Brownberry® bread is available in the Midwestern U.S. and can be found across the Eastern U.S. as Arnold® bread, and you can follow Brownberry® bread on Facebook. And great news! You can enter to win 3 coupons for Brownberry® bread so you can see what all the fuss is about! Are you ready to give Brownberry® bread a try?
I received the same prize from the PR firm or company who is also supplying the prize for my readers. All opinions are mine.