A true symbol of childhood, rice krispie treats are so versatile for many different occasions. With some colored candy melts and sprinkles, they’re a festive treat for all ages. In fact, with just some blue candy melts and patriotic sprinkles you have the main idea for these Patriotic Cereal Treat Pops.
Because there’s not many ways you can make krispie treats better, except by dipping in candy melts and adding sprinkles. Then putting on a stick for a fun, pop treat that’s perfect for any upcoming Memorial Day or July 4th celebrations and picnics.
What’s even better is that these treats can all be made in the microwave. Start by melting marshmallows and butter in 30 second intervals. Add cereal and vanilla extract and fold into a buttered-coated pan.
Then, again using the microwave, begin melting the candy melts. Dip a rectangle of krispie treat into the candy melt. Add sprinkles and sit aside until set.
- 20 large marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups rice cereal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups blue candy melts
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Lollipop sticks
- Red and white sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Microwave marshmallows and butter in 30 second intervals until completely melted. Add cereal and vanilla extract and fold.
- Once combined, pour into a buttered-coated pan and flat evenly with a spatula. Allow treats to set for at least 1 hour.
- Cut treats into rectangles, about 3 inches white. Insert lollipop stick in each treat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave your candy melts for about 30 seconds. Stir in coconut oil and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Dip 1 inch of each cereal treat into melted candy and lay flat on lined baking sheet. Top off with red and white sprinkles. Let set in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out more patriotic craft and recipe ideas at Our Kid Things!