This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeHolidayGoodness #CollectiveBias
When it comes to crowd-pleasing holiday desserts, my initial thought is always chocolate. I mean, you can’t go wrong there. Since we’re taking the season into account, however, pumpkin flavors are also high on that list, as it should be. These delicious Pumpkin Pecan Brownie Bars are truly the best of both worlds!
These Pumpkin Pecan Brownie Bars use a NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies and More Baking Mix as the base, and are made my own with Libby’s® 100% Pure Pumpkin and NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk. All available at Walmart, NESTLÉ® has your holiday treats covered.
Speaking of covered, our bars are then topped with a handful of NESTLÉ® BUNCHA CRUNCH® Baking Bits, NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, as well as chopped pecans.
Since our Thanksgiving traditions are being passed down from my mom to me, I prefer to use ingredients that I remember her using as a kid. Like CARNATION® Evaporated Milk. As a pantry staple for more than 100 years, CARNATION® Milk products have been helping to make creamy, rich, treasured family favorites for generations. Nestlé Toll House morsels have been in our family for years, as well, with the inspiration and products that express love through baked goods.
And what really says love, for both family and of the season, are these delicious Pumpkin Pecan Brownie Bars. There’s a delicious chocolate brownie base layer, for sure, but they’re also topped with pecans for protein. The addition of LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin also gives these bars great flavor, while cutting fat and cholesterol. So, they’re kinda good for you? We may not go that far, but mom needs a treat. There’s nothing wrong with that. Especially when they’re this tasty.
For our Pumpkin Pecan Brownie Bars, you first need to prepare a box of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies and More Baking Mix according to package directions. Leave the mix in a bowl and set aside.
Then, make the pumpkin layer.
This is done by combining LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin, 1 egg, sugar, ground cinnamon, and CARNATION® Evaporated Milk.
Pour the brownie layer into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish prepared with a sheet of parchment paper. Spread evenly. There’ll be chocolate, trust me. But it’s not too much chocolate. Then pour the pumpkin layer on top and swirl the two layers together using a skewer.
Top with a handful of BunchaCrunch Baking Bits, Chocolate Morsels, and chopped pecans.
I’m so happy that I can continue on my mom’s holiday traditions, yet I’m still able to easily put my own spin on things. I’m also happy at how good these Pumpkin Pecan Brownie Bars are.
- 1 box brownie baking mix (prepared according to package directions)
- 1 cup Libby's Pure Pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup Nestle Chocolate Morsels
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp Nestle BunchaCrunch
- Preheat oven to 325. Prepare 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare brownie baking mix according to package directions. Mix together until smooth.
- Mix together pumpkin, egg, sugar, evaporated milk, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour brownie mixture into bottom of baking pan. Spread evenly. Pour pumpkin mixture on top in dollops and swirl with a skewer to combine.
- Top with chocolate morsels, pecans, and BunchaCrunch.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean of brownie batter. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in refrigerator.
Be sure to check here for more flavorful moments and holiday inspiration from NESTLÉ®!