I’m not even going to pretend here. Today’s sweet idea is actually more of a simple way to make a batch of cupcakes festive for the holidays than an actual recipe. In fact, it’s probably more of a craft than anything. But however you want to call it, these Santa Hat Cupcakes are cute and jolly and well, they are cupcakes so they’re yummy, too!
To make our Santa Hat Cupcakes you’ll need just a few ingredients. First thing are cupcakes. You can either use store bought vanilla cupcakes or use your favorite homemade recipe.
For 6 Santa Hat Cupcakes, you will then need 6 ice cream sugar cones.
White frosting, mini marshmallows, and Wilton Color Mist Spray in red complete the look. You should be able to find the color mist spray in the specialty baking aisle of Walmart or your local craft store.
Then, prepare your cupcakes with red cupcake liners. Pipe the white frosting onto the cupcakes and then set aside. Spray the sugar cones with the color mist. Once the sugar cones are dry, place a dot of frosting on a mini marshmallow to secure on top of the cone. Set the sugar cone on top of the white frosting on the cupcake and your Santa cupcakes have a tasty hat!
- 6 cupcakes
- 6 ice cream sugar cones
- white frosting
- Wilton Color Mist Spray - red
- mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 6 cup cupcake pan with liners.
- Prepare the cake mix according to directions. Pour into the cupcake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let cool.
- Pipe the white frosting onto the cupcakes and then set aside.
- Spray the sugar cones with the color mist. Set aside and let dry.
- Once the sugar cones (Santa Hats) are dry, place a dot of frosting on a mini marshmallow and then place on top of the cone.
- Set the sugar cone on top of the white frosting on the cupcake.
Be sure to find more fun Christmas recipes and craft ideas at Our Kid Things!