The Smurfs were my absolute favorite cartoon growing up. While Saturdays were the best day of the week anyway, I remember waking up those weekend mornings especially excited because the Smurfs would be on. And to a kid in elementary school, that meant everything. I even had a Smurfs record player at one time, and wore the needle out with how often it was played. Now that’s aging myself.
I may have gotten older, and Saturdays are just another day as a stay-home mom, but it’s nice to know that group of little blue people is still around.
The new Smurfs movie, Smurfs: The Lost Village, is about to hit theatres on April 7. I’m excited! I’m also excited to share with you this idea for Smurfs Jello. It’s a simple way to bring a little bit of Smurfs magic to your kids at home!
This Smurfs Jello parfait comes to life with a base of Berry Blue Jell-O. Mix with one cup of boiling water and whisk until all of the powder is dissolved. Then, add 1 cup of cold water.
Pour into parfait glasses and chill for at least 3-4 hours.
When ready to serve, top with a generous Smurf hat of whipped cream. Add a pair of googly eyes to the glass and you have a delicious Smurf-tastic treat!
I may be older, but I still love the Smurfs. It’s a nostalgic piece of my childhood that I’ve carried with me to this day. And while my kids will love this Smurfs Jello parfait, so will the kid in all of us!
- 2 parfait glasses
- 3 oz box berry blue Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- Whipped cream
- 4 medium stick-on googly eyes
- Peel and stick 2 googly eyes onto the front of each parfait glass. Set aside.
- Pour the Jell-O powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water and whisk until all of the powder is dissolved.
- Add 1 cup of cold water and whisk to incorporate. If you would like to make the Jell-O set faster, add 1 cup of ice cubes instead of the cold water.
- Pour the dissolved mixture into the parfait glasses.
- Chill overnight or at least until it sets (3-4 hours). You can tell that it's ready by pressing your finger against the Jell-O. If a little bit of the Jell-O sticks to your finger, then it is not completely set.
- Immediately before serving, generously add whipped cream on top of each parfait, in the shape of a Smurf hat.
Be sure to check out the other fun food ideas for kids at Kid Things!