This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #ServeWithACoke #CollectiveBias
Allow me to state the obvious for a moment, but it’s hot out there. Yes, I know it’s summer, it’s supposed to be. I’m pretty sure this is one of the hottest summers on record, however, at least around where I live. Definitely hotter than last year. Being 8 months pregnant doesn’t help. The last thing I want to do is heat up my kitchen, too. Though I’m always in the mood for meals worth sharing with friends and family. So we’ve been grilling outside, and I’ve been chilling, as much as possible.
A slow cooker doesn’t heat up the house much, either, and that’s how these leftover BAT Grilled Beef Quesadillas started the previous day for another meal.
BAT as in beef, avocado, and tomato. With cheese. I do love cheese. I also love meals where all the work has already been done. Let a beef roast work it’s magic in just a few ingredients in the crockpot and you’ll have dinner for days.
For our Grilled Beef Quesadillas, we stopped at our local Hy-Vee for a few ingredients.
You’ll first need the shredded beef from a delicious roast. This is made by combining one 12 oz. bottle of a Coca-Cola™ from a Coca-Cola 8-pack with two cans of chipotle peppers in adobo. Let that sit and get happy for 8-9 hours on low.
Also at Hy-Vee, we grabbed Mission Tortillas, avocados, tomato, and shredded pepper jack cheese for the next night’s BAT Grilled Beef Quesadillas. Be sure to look for the in-store coupon to save $1.50 on beef or chicken at Hy-Vee with the purchase of Coca-Cola or Gold Peak Tea and Mission Tortillas!
With whatever leftovers remaining, continue shredding the beef roast and store in some of it’s juice. Be sure to get some of the peppers in there, too.
When it’s time, these BAT Grilled Beef Quesadillas go together before the sweat has a chance to bead across your forehead. Start by scooping out a ripe avocado and cutting into strips. I love avocado almost as much as I love cheese. Dice a tomato, too.
On one large flour Mission Tortilla, layer shredded beef along with a pepper or two if you like heat, avocado, tomato, and cheese. Top with another tortilla.
Set on the grill and cook until the bottom side is browned and cheese is starting to melt.
At this point, flip. Now the flip, it may take a bit of practice. I’ve used the 2 spatula method, as well as the slide off onto a plate method. Do whatever works for you.
Continue grilling for just another minute or two until that side is browned and the cheese is fully melted. It won’t take long. Let cool and slice like a pizza. I like to use a pizza cutter for this, too. A little trick I’ve learned after making so many quesadillas. Serve with a cool, refreshing coke. In the roast and in my glass, the perfectly balanced flavor of a Coca-Cola completes the meal.
- 3 lb chuck or bottom round beef roast
- 2 7oz cans chipotle peppers in adobe
- 12pz bottle Coca-Cola
- 1 avocado, ripe and sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese
- 4 large flour Mission Tortillas
- Begin by making your roast. Trim excess fat and add a beef roast to crockpot with 12oz Coca-Cola and both cans chipotle peppers in adobo. Can use 1 can of chipotle peppers depending on taste for heat.
- Let cook in slow cooker for 8-9 hours on low. Shred any leftovers, with juice, for quesadillas.
- Reheat beef in microwave for 30 seconds to warm.
- Add enough beef on one tortilla to form an even layer. Top with half the slices of avocado and half the diced tomato. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese and top tortilla.
- Repeat for the other quesadilla.
- Grill for about 5 minutes on the first side, or until tortilla browns. Flip. Heat other side for just a few minutes until cheese is melted and that side is browned.
- Slice like a pizza and serve.
Ready to try more summer grilling recipes? Look for the in-store coupon tear pad at your local Hy-Vee to save $1.50 one package of beef or chicken when one purchases Coca-Cola™ 8-pack 12oz OR 1 500ml Gold Peak AND any 1 Mission Tortilla. *While supplies last! Expires 9/15/17. Find a store near you!