This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias
Fall is in the air, I say as I sit here in long-sleeved shirt shivering at the chill in the air. How did that happen? The change of seasons seems to surprise me every year, but honestly just last week it was 90 and now I almost want to turn my heat on. It’s another sign that this year is going fast and it will soon be time for spooks and goblins, candy corn and fall recipes.
Might as well start on those fall recipes sooner rather than later.
Now, if you think about pumpkins at your first thought of fall, I have to say you’re missing out. Apples are where it’s at.
Knowing that, I picked up some ingredients at Walmart to make a couple delicious apple recipes incorporating Mott’s Apple Juice, Mott’s Apple Sauce, and specially packaged for the season M&M’s in Candy Apple, Candy Corn, and Peanut Butter flavor.
As we were checking out, the cashier asked if I had ever tried these particular flavors of M&M’s. When I told her I hadn’t, she exclaimed, “You’re going to love them! They are the best thing I’ve ever tasted. I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t like them.”
While that’s a lot to live up to, I was excited to get to work on these treats with the #FlavorofFall. I decided to make 2 different delicious desserts, both inspired by apples.
Caramel apples are a staple of fall, but I decided to take mine one step further by then dipping in flavors of M&M’s that remind me of Halloween. Nothing to me says Halloween and chilly autumn nights more than Candy Corn, especially, and Candy Apple, too.
Simply melt a bag of caramel candy with 2 tbsp of milk in the microwave for 2 minutes. Allow to cool a bit. Remove the stem from your apples, then cut into quarters. Carefully cut a scoop out from the inside of the apple. Spoon a dollop of caramel into the middle then top with M&M’s. Place on waxed baking sheet to set.
These cupcakes are made with a simple yellow boxed cake mix but incorporating both Mott’s Apple Juice and Mott’s Apple Sauce for a true apple flavor. Drizzle a simple caramel icing on top and then top each with a few of the Peanut Butter M&M’s.
- Box yellow cake mix
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup apple juice
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar - packed
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Peanut Butter M&M's
- Prepare cupcake pan with liners. Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix cake mix, cinnamon, apple juice, apple sauce and eggs until well combined.
- Fill each cupcake cup ¾ way full.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While those are baking, melt butter in saucepan.
- Add brown sugar to butter and boil over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in milk. Bring back to boil, stirring constantly.
- Cool to lukewarm before gradually adding in powdered sugar. Beat until thick enough to spread.
- With a spoon, spread a layer of icing on each cooled cupcake.
- Top with a few Peanut Butter M&M's.
Are you inspired by the Flavor of Fall? Find more recipes here, then download a coupon for $1 off any two (2) Mott’s sauce or Mott’s juice drink. You can also save
$1.50 off any two (2) M&M’s brand chocolate candies. Hurry, quantities are limited!